We are an international oil & gas company with operations in Africa, Europe, South Asia & South America.
Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on.
As the company prepares for further exploration and appraisal activities, Tullow Kenya BV is seeking to appoint several new positions:
Social Performance Manager
This is a key position within the Tullow Kenya organisation and will be responsible for the assessment and management of socio-economic impacts associated with the exploration, appraisal and potential development of Tullow’s licence areas in North West Kenya.
This position will:
- Play a key leadership role in supporting exploration & appraisal activities, logistics, future development planning and project execution to ensure socio-economic impacts are assessed, understood and appropriately managed.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the integrated planning and execution of site based activities.
- Manage all aspects of socio-economic baseline data collection, social impact assessment and management, community investment and grassroots stakeholder engagement.
- Manage a team of social performance professionals, including community based liaison staff.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in anthropology or the social sciences with at least eight to ten years experience working within a social performance or impact management role in extractive industries or major infrastructure development.
Previous experience in social impact assessment and management practices according to relevant international standards is essential.
Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to manage diverse teams across multiple and remote locations.
While the position is based in Nairobi, regular travel to operational sites will be required.
Social Investment Coordinator
This role will be instrumental in developing and executing Tullow Kenya’s social investment programmes within its areas of operation and also at a national level.
The position will be responsible for:
- Executing Tullow Kenya’s Social Investment Strategy which supports operations and enhances community development outcomes.
- Managing a number of implementing partners to ensure efficient delivery of agreed development programmes.
- Supporting in-country implementation of Tullow Group initiatives in the areas of health and education.
- Ensuring that social investment initiatives deliver against agreed objectives, including budget and schedule.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in humanities, social science or arts and have at least three to four years of experience within a community development or social performance role.
Previous experience within the extractive industries or a major infrastructure project would be beneficial.
Project management and coordination skills are essential.
Candidates should also demonstrate grassroots experience in delivering social investment programmes or interventions, preferably within remote and challenging environments.
While the position is based in Nairobi, regular travel to remote operational sites will be required.
Field Supervisor, Stakeholder Engagement
This role will be critical in establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders within Tullow Kenya’s areas of operation.
The position will be responsible for:
- Building productive and meaningful relationships with Tullow Kenya’s key stakeholders within operational areas, including surrounding communities.
- Managing all grassroots stakeholder engagement activities, including stakeholder grievances.
- Providing day-to-day management of a team of Community Liaison Officers to ensure that business requirements are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supporting Tullow Kenya’s Social Investment programmes as required.
- Contributing to the business planning process as required.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in humanities or social science and have at least five years of experience within a community relations role.
Previous experience within the extractive industries or a major infrastructure project would be beneficial as would a sound knowledge of local community customs and traditions.
Candidates should also demonstrate experience in managing grievances and operating within remote
and challenging environments.
IT Infrastructure Analyst
This role exists to be part of a global infrastructure team operating and maintaining local and remote infrastructure services.
The person will serve as a technical expert providing support to desktop Support Analysts, testing, operating and maintaining Tullow Kenya’s IT infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for:
- Delivery of a measured infrastructure service against an agreed internal SLA/OLA;
- Taking ownership of the infrastructure in the respective location and executing and maintaining enhancements to the environment. This will be achieved through a structured approach to change control. This will also apply to any remote locations where Tullow Kenya have ownership of equipment;
- Working within the overall global infrastructure team to achieve a high level of service and up-time for all infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years specific experience and professional accreditation in Windows Server (e.g. to MCSE level) including Windows 2003/2008 Group Policies (GPOs) – design and implementation; Exchange 2007; Windows scripting (VBS or otherwise) – including logon scripts; Registry management; Base metal server builds and subsequent maintenance.
Experience with Citrix and VM Ware would be advantageous.
In addition, the individual should have a thorough understanding of networks (LAN and WAN), switches, security protocols and firewalls.
CISCO experience is preferred, whilst CCNA or equivalent is not essential.
Education requirements are MCSE qualification with demonstrable time spent supporting Windows servers, networks and infrastructure systems. ITIL foundation course and above or demonstrated working within an ITIL environment preferable.
Accounts Payable Accountants (2)
This role is critical to ensuring the timely and accurate registering, processing of invoices in accordance with Company policies, timely communication to various Suppliers on payments and maintaining up to date, accurate supplier reconciliations.
The person will be responsible for:
- Intercompany posting, reconciliation and confirmation.
- Fixed assets reconciliation and management.
- Stock & creditors reconciliation in all ledgers.
- Posting supplier invoices to all ledgers.
- Allocation of shared ledger costs to the JVs.
- Requesting for supplier account creation in Maximo.
- Deal with suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Posting of accruals and prepayments in all ledgers.
- Assist in audit file preparation.
- Other ad-hoc projects that may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will have a Financial Accounting Degree/Diploma, at least 3-4 years experience in full accounts payable function.
Previous experience using Maximo will be an added advantage.
Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry is desirable but not essential.
Civil Engineering Manager
Location: Nairobi & Field
This role exists to lead the planning and execution of all Civil works & civils related programme by offering over sight technical planning support and project management.
The position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all civil engineering activities are conducted in accordance with Tullow Management Standards and are in place to support operational readiness in both the exploration and development phases.
- Supporting sourcing and evaluation of civil works contractors to ensure work is conducted in line with approved contracting and procurement process.
- Managing all the Contractors and ensure that services provided are in line with applicable standards.
- Ensuring that technical studies, field investigations, design and contract documentation undertaken by the team and external suppliers conform to Tullow standards and that industry wide best practice is adhered to.
- Providing decision support information to other departments with respect to civil works requirements for various projects.
The successful candidate will have a Bsc. Degree in civil engineering (essential) and Postgraduate
qualifications in project management (desirable).
(S)he will have a proven track record of managing Civil Engineering teams and works in Kenya and East Africa as well as experience in managing multiple projects in a busy operation.
Specific experience in general roads and facilities construction is required. Fluids storage and pipeline constructions experience is desirable.
All applicants should be highly motivated individuals with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
They should exhibit high levels of personal integrity and have the ability to influence, inspire confidence and build trust at all levels of the organisation.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, valid email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
Off Muthithi Road, Tausi Court, 3rd Floor
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing date: Wednesday 13th June 2012
Visit our new site www.dailyjobsinkenya.com
for more vacancies. Refer us as the source. Recommend us to your friends, join our facebook page and follow us on twitter.