Student Service Officer
Full Time, Ongoing
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
AUSI began in Kenya in October 2000, offering only foundation and Diploma programs on behalf of Perth Institute of Business and Technology (PIBT), leading to Bachelor Degrees from Edith Cowan University.
We now offer not only the foundation and Diploma programs, but Edith Cowan University Degree’s as well.
The Student Service Officer (SSO) will monitor the provision and quality of a range of administrative, information welfare services to students based at AUSI to ensure ongoing support and provision of a quality education experience for students at the campus.
The main responsibility of the SSO is to deliver proactively the best student experience: the role will identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives and projects to address issues that have the potential to disrupt Student Services operations and the team.
SSO will deal with a broader range of activities relating to student experience but also with marketing, team engagement and quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree of Education in Guidance and or counselling, or social sciences and or business with minimum of 3 years experience in guidance and counselling.
- Competency with Windows-based software applications.
- Excellent communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skill.
- Proven ability as a team player and ability to work effectively and responsibly without supervision, make decisions to increase the value for students.
- Proven ability to organize own workload to cope with simultaneous demands, tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Flexible and positive attitude to work (e.g., in hours and content), including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of recruitment activities.
- An eye for detail and for new recruitment initiatives and opportunities.
- Commitment to self-development to enhance skills and abilities.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to take responsibility as well as Commitment to self-development to enhance skills and abilities.
- Post secondary qualifications in guidance and counselling, marketing within the education sector.
- Administrative and budgeting experience
- Experience of University admissions and/or recruitment activities, multi-cultural
- Focus preferred
- Knowledge of Australian and overseas education systems
- Liaison with external organizations.
- Experience of web design and maintenance.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be sent to Beatrice Amollo, Head of Library & Resources, [email protected]
Applications close on 30 April 2013.