Republic of Kenya
The Nyandarua County Government
Office of The Governor
The Nyandarua County is one of the 47 Counties established under the constitution of Kenya 2010.
Pursuant to Article 179(2)(b) of the constitution of Kenya and section 35 of the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012 the office of the Governor wishes to consider for appointments the following positions.
County Executive Committee Member
The ten positions will be one of the following:-
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
- Health Services
- Education, Youth and Children Affairs, Culture and Social Services.
- Roads, Public Works and transport
- Industrialization, Co-operative Development, Tourism and Wildlife.
- Lands, Housing and Physical Planning
- Water, Environment and Natural Resources
- Information, Communication and e-Government
- Legal and Public Services
Requirements and Competences
For appointment to this position, the person should:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in possession of a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is seeking to be appointed
- Understand the diversity, the challenges, and the potential within the county
- Be visionary and strategic thinker
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines.
A member of the County Executive Committee shall not hold any other state or public office.
Applicants should note that our earlier advertisements available here on the County Executive positions has been replaced by this advertisement.
How to apply:-
i) Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents.
ii) All applications should be clearly marked
Application for position of County Executive Committee’ and be posted or hand delivered to:-
The Interim County Secretary
P.O. Box 701-20303
P.O. Box 701-20303
So as to reach him not later than Wednesday 24th April 2013 at 5.00 p.m.