The Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited which operates East Africa’s only Petroleum refinery situated in Changamwe, Mombasa boasts of cutting edge world class technology in mechanical and chemical engineering.
It is a private limited company that refines crude oil into various petroleum products which are supplied to the country and region. In anticipation of a growth in its core business the company is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following immediate vacancy at its Changamwe plant:
Internal Auditor (2012/IA)
Professional Area: Finance
Execution, on a test basis, planned audit reviews within the planned time period i.e. evaluation of the operation, adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in mitigating inherent and potential risks of units under review.
Appropriate documentation of audit evidence to support the need for the recommendations proposed.
Development of feasible recommendations as part of corrective action plans to address identified control lapses.
Execution of planned compliance reviews and documentation of exceptions.
Carrying out post audit reviews to ensure implementation of agreed on corrective action plans
Execution of special assignments per the specified terms of reference and planned approach
Continuous review of procedures and policies to ensure that adequate controls are inbuilt t assure achievement of unit objectives.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- Be in possession of a professional qualification of at least CPA part II or its equivalent professional qualification i.e. ACCA
- Sound knowledge of business risk management, Business systems, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analytical Skill, Multi-tasking
- Must have at least two years working experience in an Audit environment and ability to execute audit assignments in a structured planned approach
- Confident computer user literate in a wide array of Microsoft products, Knowledgeable of Sun accounting, vision and Audit tool Teammate.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with significant ability to affect change outside direct reporting lines
How to apply
Window closes on 25th July, 2012
Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited is an equal opportunity employer.