Catholic Diocese of Lodwar invites applications from experienced persons to fill a vacancy as a Project Officer
Position: Project Officer
Project: Turkana Trachoma Project
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Diocese of Lodwar Office with travel throughout Turkana County
Issue date: 22nd July, 2013
Closing date: 2nd August, 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize community for uptake of the project related services offered during surgical outreaches/eye camps;
- Organize community members into groups to enhance participation in health dialogue sessions;
- Facilitate development in Behavior Change Communication materials and Behavior Change Communication interventions in the community as per the provisions of the WHO recommended SAFE strategy;
- Develop excellent working relationship with critical stakeholders and partners;
- Develop monthly Trachoma control project work plans in conjunction with the Project Coordinator;
- Train Community Resource Persons on project related health issues in areas of trachoma prevention and treatment;
- Implement field intervention as per the approved work plans and work towards the achievement of the project set targets;
- Coordinate diffusion and implementation of health related best practices in areas where the same do not happen with the project area of coverage;
- Manage approved expenditures for project activities;
- Compile monthly updates and submit timely reports i.e., activity reports and financial reports to the Project Coordinator;
- Carry out proper project documentation and filing for all project related activities;
- Capture activity information into Monitoring and Evaluation database;
- Ensure proper use of all project motor vehicles, equipment, materials and other capital assets as stated in the organizational policy by developing a control system and providing constant monitoring;
- Take minutes during all Trachoma Control Project meeting;
- Carry out project activities in line with Diocese of Lodwar overall strategic plan;
- In consultation with the Project Coordinator, liaise with the Project Accountant on financial issues relating to the project activities;
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Higher Diploma preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Strategic Mgt or its equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in working in eye care programs is an added advantage
- 1 – 2 years work experience in social mobilization and project development
- Good communication skills with thorough knowledge of English and Kiswahili; good Ng’aturkana language skills would be a highly appreciated asset;
- A recommendation letter from a Parish Priest.
If your training, experience and competence match the above qualifications, send your Cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of your certificates, testimonials, name and contact of (3) referees and daytime telephone.
Address the application to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Diocese of Lodwar,
P.O. Box 101 (30500),
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Diocese of Lodwar (DOL) has a Code of Conduct and a Child Protection policy to ensure the maximum protection of Diocesan staff and Children from abuse and exploitation.
Any candidate offered a job with DOL will be expected to sign the Diocesan Child Protection policy and the Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provision in these two documents.