Ministry of Defence
Recruitment of Trades Members into the Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces is pleased to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment of trades members soon.
Prospective candidates wishing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
a. Must be Kenyan citizens.
b. Age: Between 18 and 26 years old.
c. Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
d. Have no criminal record.
e. Minimum Height: 5 ft 3 in. (5’3”).
f. Minimum Weight:
(1) Men: 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(2) Women: 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
g. Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during training.
(1) Technicians: A minimum of mean grade C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(2) Artisans: A minimum of mean grade D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade III or Craft III from a recognized Institution.
(1) Community Health Nursing (Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses)
(2) Health Records and Information Technology
(3) Counseling Psychology
(5) Social Work
(7) Medical Imaging Sciences
(8) Orthopaedic Technology
(9) Control and Automation
(10) Instrumentation and Control
(11) Electronics Engineering
(12) Electrical Engineering (Power Option)
(13) Airframes and Engines
(14) Aeronautical Engineering (Airframes & Engines)
(15) Aeronautical Engineering (Avionics)
(16) Mechanical Engineering (Plant Option)
(17) Telecommunication Engineering
(19) Civil Engineering or Building and Construction Engineering
(20) Quantity Surveying
(21) Surveying (Land Surveying/Cartography/Map Reproduction/Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing/GIS)
(22) Civil and Structural Engineering
(23) Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
(24) Law (should be qualified & licensed process servers)
(25) Hospitality Management
(27) Education (Physical and Health Education (PE))
(1) Plant Operators
(3) Carpentry and Joinery
(4) Fitter General
(6) Masonry and/or Brick Laying
(9) Metal Workers
(10) Painting and Sign Writing
3. Clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates and national ID card must accompany the application and be addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces
(Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of Defence
P.O. Box 40668
Nairobi – 00100
Telegrams: “DEFENCE” Nairobi Defence Headquarters
Tel No.: +254-20-2721100 Ulinzi House
Fax No.: +254-20-2725854
so as to reach him on or before 23rd August 2013.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be notified through the print media between 07th and 12th October 2013.