These jobs are only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at our warehouse located at Terminal 3 – Cargo Section – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Technician Welder – [1 Post]
Do you believe you have what it takes to service, maintain and ensure that the up time of ground support equipment is in line with operational requirements at Swissport Kenya Limited?
Applications are invited from suitable candidate to fill the above position in our Maintenance Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that maintenance and repair works are undertaken in line with uptime availability and cost leadership.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment.
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required.
- Modify, overhaul and fabricate equipment as necessary providing input with the ability to identify and select materials and processes required for fabrication projects
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from operations and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired.
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Conversant with all forms of arc welding to include set up and safely operate equipment for various welding processes.
- Set up and operate equipment for shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) applications and perform these in a variety of positions. Perform basic technical measurements using appropriate tools.
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management.
- Should understand safety standards of the industry for protection of themselves, others, and the equipment and tools at hand.
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non-motorized.
Skill set requirement
- Education: KCSE Mean C, with computer proficiency.
- Professional Knowledge: Craft 3 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering production option.
- Experience: At least 3 years as a welder / fitter in a busy operational environment.
- Good communications skills.
- Valid license class BCD
- Knowledge of Metallurgy and familiarity with various types of metals, their physical properties, and how to work with them.
- Thorough knowledge of various welding techniques, such as metal art, oxy-fuel, flux core arc, and gas tungsten arc welding.
- Ability to carry out both arc and gas welding activities.
Be part of the team that powers and ensures availability of equipment!
Quality, Health, Safety & Training Officer – [1 Post]
Do you believe you have what it takes to support the management of learning and professional development of staff, reporting on quality management and all aspects of health & safety?
Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the continuous review of existing training material and syllabi and give recommendations for improvement of the global training program.
- Overall management of scheduled trainings ensuring availability of training rooms and participants.
- Organise and deliver internal and external trainings as required including on the job training for certain functions.
- Maintain and update training records and databases and ensure optimal use of existing training facilities and ensure equipment is in working condition.
- Undertake follow up of rolled out trainings on a regular basis to determine effectiveness of the programs in line with business needs.
- Preparation of internal quality reports and submission of quality data on a monthly basis.
- Research, compile and process quality data required for various management reporting such as surveys, safety & operational performance
Health and Safety:
- Ensure in-depth investigations of all incidents / accidents to identify contributing factors.
- Liaise with various department heads for implementation of preventive / corrective actions with regards to all incidents / accidents.
- Maintain up-to-date records of investigations pertaining to incidents / accidents via the incidents reporting tool.
- Conduct continuous safety checks to ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Education: University Degree or Professional Qualification in a related field
- Experience in driving quality & safety management as well as internal audit processes
- Proven track record in training and organizing teams
- Exposure to ISO/OHSAS/ISAGO certified organisations and highly operationalized processes/functions is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Your application letter and CV only indicating your current salary with the position as the subject line via email: [email protected] to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that breathes life in to safety and compliance!
Closing Date: February 10th 2017